"God the Lord surrendered His own Son to death on the Cross for the fervent love of creation. For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son to death for our sake (cf. John 3: 16). This was not, however, because He could not have redeemed us in another way, but so that His surpassing love, manifested hereby, might be a teacher unto us. And by the death of His only begotten Son He made us near to Himself. Yea, if He had had anything more precious, He would have given it to us, so that by it our race might be His own."
-St. Isaac the Syrian
Member for 5 years, 11 months
1 profile view
Last seen Apr 15 '16 at 12:59
- Stack Overflow 2.5k 2.5k 22 gold badges1919 silver badges4242 bronze badges
- Christianity 1.4k 1.4k 66 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- Parenting 821 821 55 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 641 641 11 gold badge55 silver badges1010 bronze badges
- Seasoned Advice 447 447 11 gold badge66 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 77 Adding headers when using httpClient.GetAsync
- 39 Why do multiple-table joins produce duplicate rows?
- 26 3 year-old boy wants constant attention, hits and deliberately poops in underpants when he doesn't get it
- 22 Mutual fund value went down, shares went up, no action taken by me
- 22 Sabotaging through purposeful procrastination
- 13 2-year-old does not speak
- 13 How do I acquire an immortal horse?
- View more network posts →