I've been a dabbler in a number of martial arts. When I was a child, I checked out books from the library and tried to perform the techniques from there (I think I still have my paperback copy of Bruce Tegner's Karate somewhere in my childhood home). In middle school and high school, my mother signed me up for Chuck Norris Tang Soo Do (now named Chun Kuk Do) for four years. I have since dabbled in Aikido, Tae Kwan Do, Jujitsu, Escrima, Bujinkan, Capoeira, and various forms of Western weapon training.
I've never achieved mastery in any style (and, in fact, I've stopped even testing for belts for the most part, as it's no longer a goal for me), but I enjoy the concepts of martial arts even as I find myself unable to put sufficient effort into their practice to become any good at them.
My username is my apelido in Capoeira.bi previously just used my real name, Sean Duggan.
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Member for 7 years, 1 month
23 profile views
Last seen Apr 15 at 0:27
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 152.6k 152.6k 1414 gold badges444444 silver badges659659 bronze badges
- Martial Arts 8.5k 8.5k 22 gold badges1515 silver badges4040 bronze badges
- Physical Fitness 7.8k 7.8k 11 gold badge2222 silver badges4040 bronze badges
- Role-playing Games 7.8k 7.8k 22 gold badges2020 silver badges4848 bronze badges
- Skeptics 5.8k 5.8k 22 gold badges3131 silver badges5757 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 123 Short story read ~25 year ago where changing person's name prevents a war
- 114 Why does the terminator have genitalia?
- 114 What is Mario's full name?
- 95 What is the bottom left object in this picture of fantasy items?
- 94 Did Nancy Pelosi say "We'll have to pass the bill to find out what's in it"?
- 88 Where did the concept of a (fantasy-style) "dungeon" originate?
- 80 Movie where a boy is transported into the future by an alien spaceship
- View more network posts →