I've been a dabbler in a number of martial arts. When I was a child, I checked out books from the library and tried to perform the techniques from there (I think I still have my paperback copy of Bruce Tegner's Karate somewhere in my childhood home). In middle school and high school, my mother signed me up for Chuck Norris Tang Soo Do (now named Chun Kuk Do) for four years. I have since dabbled in Aikido, Tae Kwan Do, Jujitsu, Escrima, Bujinkan, Capoeira, and various forms of Western weapon training.
I've never achieved mastery in any style (and, in fact, I've stopped even testing for belts for the most part, as it's no longer a goal for me), but I enjoy the concepts of martial arts even as I find myself unable to put sufficient effort into their practice to become any good at them.
My username is my apelido in Capoeira.bi previously just used my real name, Sean Duggan.
Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Member for 5 years, 11 months
18 profile views
Last seen 2 days ago
- Science Fiction & Fantasy 126.1k 126.1k 1414 gold badges368368 silver badges552552 bronze badges
- Physical Fitness 7.3k 7.3k 11 gold badge1818 silver badges3939 bronze badges
- Martial Arts 6.9k 6.9k 22 gold badges1212 silver badges3737 bronze badges
- Role-playing Games 6.9k 6.9k 11 gold badge1515 silver badges4141 bronze badges
- Skeptics 5.4k 5.4k 22 gold badges2727 silver badges5252 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 122 Short story read ~25 year ago where changing person's name prevents a war
- 114 What is Mario's full name?
- 112 Why does the terminator have genitalia?
- 95 What is the bottom left object in this picture of fantasy items?
- 89 Did Nancy Pelosi say "We'll have to pass the bill to find out what's in it"?
- 80 Movie where a boy is transported into the future by an alien spaceship
- 78 What went down at the July 1974 Comic Art Con?
- View more network posts →