We get a question about hand conditioning every few months. Over and over again, we've told people to not do it, that it's no longer necessary (if it ever was) to cripple yourself to make your hands a more effective weapon. Is there any worth in creating a definitive post with the facts, much like how Fitness SE has standard posts for how to lose fat and the myth of spot reduction of fat?
If you are interested in developing a canonical question and answer, I would encourage it.
Here is a list of related questions you may wish to redirect as duplicates to the proposed canonical q/a:
- How to condition knuckles?
- How to make knuckles bigger like Bruce Lee's knuckles?
- King of Iron Palm Training
- Iron palm monster hand training
- Rice filled bag or mung bean filled bag which one is effective for training?
- Is it good to practise punching a wall? No place for punching bag
- Arm Toughening Without Losing Sensitivity